Friday, July 17, 2009

Forgiveness? Say what?



I know that it has been an immensely long time since I have been on here, but wanted to post some thoughts that I have had the past few weeks...

So, I have been contemplating the issue of forgiveness.
What does Godly forgiveness look like?
How do you forgive when the same instance in which you are forgiving continues to happen time after time?
How do you live with the feelings that are so very after you feel you have walked out in forgiveness?
How do you forgive and know that it is finished and that you can move on?

I know that forgiveness is an everyday thing, but where do you draw the line in the situation?
I have been trying to look to scripture to find the answers to these questions, I have found some VERY beneficial scriptures but am not sure how to piece them all together.

I know that Jesus died to forgive the sins of the world, and that I should also forgive if I am claiming to live as he did, but how do I get that from my head to my heart? and also, how do I live in the perspective of forgiveness that Jesus had?

These are just a few questions I am asking myself... I don't fully know the answers, but want to hear feedback from others.

Seeking it out,
Laura

1 comment:

  1. Laura, Your honesty is so refreshing. I know too many people who brush off forgiveness or won't forgive. If only we knew how much it hurts ourselves. Just keep walking towards God's Grace. That you are made Righteous in Him. He who 'has begun a good work in you, will bring it to completion.' You forgive at a point of time and God will do the work in your heart.
    Another Seeker,

    ReplyDelete