Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Beauty of a Godly Family...

Once again it has been quite a while since i have been on here. It just seems that life goes crazy fast for about 2 months and then will slow down a little bit but then as always picks its speed back up.

I have been all over within the past 2 weeks. I went home for a few days to visit my family and get some dental work done, not my kind of fun. Home was good, I didn't get to do as much talking with my family as I would, but im trying to trust the Lord that He will give me other opportunities to talk to them and shine HIM.


Last week I stayed at Ken & Laura Krause's house (the director's of my college) for the whole week. They invited my 3 year old niece Caitlin and I to come and stay for a week and simply rest and be served by them. This was a great time for Caitlin to get away from everything going on at home and be poured into by a solid godly family and be shown true love.

I was blown away at the way that the Krause's house was so centered around Jesus and who He is in every aspect. When one of the kids was struggling to do something Laura would get down on their level and explain to them how the Holy Spirit would help them through the situation and how they simply needed to ask Jesus to help them. Then they would get through the situation and would realize that it truly is the Lord and His Spirit that helps us through every trial that we come to in life.

Long story short I was show during week how godly parenting, marriage and living is supposed to be. The Lord was so extremely faithful during my time at the Krauses house and I am so grateful that I was able to be amongst them and to see Jesus inside of them overflowing onto and into my niece and I.

Thank-You Lord for families that are portraying who YOU truly are.
Lord, make me more like this now and in my future family.

All Glory to Him,
Laura
The Lord was so faithful



1 comment:

  1. Cool Laura! Your heart is beautiful :) Thank you for your honesty.. Jesus is SO proud of you!

    ReplyDelete